A new full-time role has arisen within the Marketing Department of our client, with
responsibilities for the production of high-quality written content to be distributed across a range of
mediums, notably editorial/journalistic content for a new line of city / lifestyle mobile applications.
This role will require an experienced, creative, confident and adaptable writer, able to hit the ground
running within a busy, agile and fast-moving technology company, in order to quickly absorb the core
elements of the business and its services.
As a baseline responsibility, the Content Writer must be adept at conveying the right message to the
right audience; experience as a lifestyle copywriter or journalist would be highly advantageous, while
proficiency in the use of content management systems for the publishing of digital content is
Working as part of a small team, under the direction of the Marketing Manager, responsibilities will
include, but will not be restricted to the following:
1. Write and publish regular, engaging content for city / lifestyle mobile applications (including,
news, features and advertorials).
2. Research news, stories, venues, events, etc. to write about.
3. Source appropriate imagery to accompany written content.
4. Liaise with city contacts to support the production of written content / provide content.
5. Editing and proofreading of other writers’ work.
6. Copywriting / editing of other marketing materials, as required (could include brochures,
leaflets, posters and blogs, as well as tender / BID submissions).
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
1. Content writing experience within a professional marketing, media or sales environment
essential – demonstrable by portfolio.
2. Proven creativity and idea generation, ideally within a lifestyle writing / journalistic context.
3. Experience of using content management systems for the production of digital content.
4. Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tones.
5. Impeccable spelling and grammar.
6. Great research, organizational, and learning skills.
7. Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices desirable.
8. Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
9. Self-motivated and able to work without supervision as necessary.
10. A flexible approach to hours of work: (may be required to work away from home from time
to time, or work hours beyond the company standard).
For further information and a friendly chat, give Rebekah a call on 01423 878 661 or email on [email protected].