Harrogate District Hospice Care is a registered charity in England and Wales (518905) with a family of services operating as Herriot Hospice Homecare, Just ‘B’, Saint Michael’s Hospice and Talking Spaces.
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated Health Care Assistant looking to be involved in providing excellent palliative care? Do you wish to join a team dedicated to enhancing the provision of services within a multi-disciplinary approach for End of Life Care?
As part of the Inpatient Unit team the role will involve providing agreed programmes of care to patients, maintaining high standards of comfort and hygiene, assisting with additional needs and supporting patients’ families.
Candidates will need to have experience of the care environment, and have an understanding of patient centred care. Knowledge of infection prevention and control, note writing, and health and safety will also be required in the role.
• Competitive rates of pay
• 10.5 paid days holiday per year
• 4 participatory training days per year (fully funded)
• Comprehensive Induction Programme with Continuous Professional Development
• Contributory Pension Scheme with employer contribution of 8% and variable employee contribution
• Dining Facilities with subsidised meals
• Free on site Car Parking/Walking distance from Hornbeam Park Station
• Free DBS/CRB check and Uniform
• Employee Assistance programme
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by employer.
To apply please click Apply and you will be forwarded to our Recruitment Website.
Alternatively for further information, please contact Helen/Alison in the HR Team.
Completed applications to be received by 9am on 21st January 2020
Interviews will be held on 28th January 2020 at Crimple House.