Centre of English Studies in Harrogate are recruiting friendly new homestay providers for Spring/Summer 2019.
Hosting students can prove a most rewarding experience; it can also give a unique insight into cultures other than our own. It is a wonderful opportunity for your children to learn more about people from other countries.
We offer intensive, accredited English language courses to students of a variety of nationalities and cultures, lasting from 2 weeks to 1 year. Most of our longer-term year-round students are aged 18+. We also take a limited number of 16- and 17-year-olds on adult courses. Junior students aged 12 to 17 are also accepted in closed groups throughout the year, staying 1 to 4 weeks.
We are British Council accredited and offer 24-hour backup and support. Full safeguarding procedures are employed for all junior students and we have dedicated safeguarding staff. We also have a team of activities co-ordinators who arrange trips and activities for students during the afternoons, evenings and weekends.
The practical requirements for all students are:
· a reasonably sized single or twin room with bed, storage and study space (twin rooms are used as shared rooms for junior students)
· reasonable access to the bathroom/hot water and laundry facilities
· breakfast and an evening meal (breakfast can be self-served, evening meals are to be taken with you as often as possible so that students can practise their English)
· lunch at weekends (lunch during the week is provided at school)
· a welcoming home environment in which they can practise their English and learn about British culture
For a single room we pay £142.94 per student per week, for a twin (shared) £128.94 per student per week.
Upon signing up, hosts are able to specify their preferences as to student age, nationality, length of stay etc. and we can also work around your circumstances and availability.
If you are interested, please contact us for more information and to arrange a home visit.
Accommodation and Welfare Officer – Centre of English Studies – Harrogate