We are currently looking for Housekeeper’s to join our Housekeeping team at Grantley Hall.
Purpose of the role is to clean and present guest bedrooms to the highest of standards to set guidelines in the time allotted. Restock guest rooms, clean surrounding public areas and to assist in reporting faults and stocking areas.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experience
· Adhere to the procedures and methods laid down in the Standards of Performance Manual for servicing and maintaining guest areas.
· Keep strictly to the times allocated for each room so service is giving whilst guest is at dinner, Observe and note all DND signs, if service is refused ensure guests still have all that they need to be comfortable and replenish any requests.
· Refresh and tidy public area bathrooms and lounges where required.
· Deliver guests laundry if required, keeping to the presentation guidelines.
· Launder and act as valet for any guests clothing requests.
· Keep equipment in good working order, following health and safety procedures when in use and store items in the appropriate manner.
· Secure all housekeeping areas and return all keys to the main reception for overnight storage.
· Re-stock working trolleys and store cupboards to the guidelines specified, do not overstock and ensure that store areas are kept clean and hazard free. Be considerate of other team members.
· Arriving punctuality for the start of shift so team briefs and training can be carried out.
· Report to your housekeeper on duty any special requests given to you by guests directly, so these preferences can be noted.
· Always follow all health and safety procedures and follow all security measures.
· Follow procedures for the storing and movement of clean and dirty linens.
· Follow the health and safety procedures for linens soiled by bodily fluids etc to protect other team members and raise awareness.
· Report any guest induced damage to your supervisor as soon as possible.
· Report any maintenance issues you observe to your supervisor or directly to maintenance or duty manager.
· Handle and remove rubbish in accordance with guidelines.
· Report and store lost property found in accordance with company guidelines.
· Attend training courses when required.
· Ensure you follow all timekeeping procedures and follow policy regarding notification of absence.
· Support your fellow team members.
· Provide friendly and courteous service to all your encounter, make eye contact, smile and offer up a suitable greeting.
· Comply with all Hotel and Company rules outlined in the Handbook and be aware of Company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
· Ensure that requests by HOD and other Senior Management members are completed.
· Notify Head of Department or General Manager in the event of absence from work for whatever reason.
· Wear and maintain the uniform provided
· To know and live Grantley Hall’s values every day without compromise.
· Any other reasonable duties that may be requested
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
We have an exciting opportunity for Housekeepers to ensure our guests receive a five star service.
• Grantley Gateway – discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases. • We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards. • Pension – Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme. • 24/7 team assistant line. • Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty. • Refer a Friend Award. • All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements. On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel.