We are now 8 weeks into the project and we thought it was a good time to provide women and their partners with an update on progress so far.
As far as the builders and workmen are concerned this phase was always going to be the phase that was going to take the most time. All workmen on site are continuing to work very closely with all staff in the department to reduce the amount disruption to a minimum for both women and staff and will continue to do so.
Phase 1 (A) – started March 9th
The creation of a Maternity assessment Centre (MAC) (end bay on Pannal ward), updating of the bathroom in this area to a wet room(will be used during the night by partners who stay)
• The Maternity Assessment Centre is really beginning to take shape and we all think it is looking good.
• Work is currently slightly behind schedule and we are hoping it will be completed by Friday 22nd May (1 week later than scheduled)
• We will need MAC to be fully functioning in order to triage women during the day before we start on phase 2 of the project which involves the creation on en-suite facilities for each of the 4 remaining delivery rooms.
Phase 1 (B) – started 23rd March
The installation of a bigger pool and total redecoration of the pool room.
The creation of en-suite facilities, wet room between the pool room and the delivery room next door.
• Work continues on this phase
• We are currently 2 weeks behind schedule and this is because of drainage issues for the pool as well as the en-suite wet rooms
• We are hoping this area will be completed by Friday 29th May, this date however has not yet been fully agreed
• Therefore the pool remains unavailable at the moment.
Phase 2 will not commence until the Maternity Assessment Centre is fully functioning during the day.
We have managed to start the replacement of the carpets in some side rooms, offices and corridors on Pannal ward.
We understand that the refurbishment may continue to cause some anxiety but please contact us if you need any further information.
firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of Midwifery and Nursing, Elective Care Directorate (phone number 01423 553183)
email@example.com , Delivery Suite Manager (phone number 01423 553190)
firstname.lastname@example.org, Community Midwifery and Antenatal Clinic Manager (phone number 01423 553009)