Salary: £22,911 (pro rata) – NJC payscale (scale 24)
Hours 15 hours per week (flexible Monday – Friday)
The BTF was founded in 1991 and is dedicated to providing reliable information and support to people affected by thyroid disease and their families and carers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative person with strong writing skills to join our small friendly team. You will be happy to work as part of a team and on your own initiative to produce a 16-page newsletters 3 times per year. You will also be using a variety of social media platforms to help promote, develop and contribute to the BTF’s long term future.
• manage and implement the production of the BTF News (and electronic version of the Newsletter) three times per year and deal with any associated matters in connection to the BTF News
• liaise with the designer, printers and mailing house as necessary
• co-ordinate all information for BTF News to go onto the BTF website
• deliver social media activity – identifying what appeals to patients and creating posts which deliver engagement
• general administration and other tasks of a similar nature that arise from time to time
• excellent communicator with strong writing skills and research skills
• strong IT skills, including managing social media platforms
• a proactive, self-motivated person but also someone who enjoys working in a team
• good organisational skills and attention to detail
This presents an ideal opportunity for a talented individual to get experience of all aspects of the work of a small national charity and to make a positive contribution to its long-term future. The BTF is interested in receiving applications from individuals who can demonstrate the necessary attitude and skillset requirements.
• hours are flexible but ideally 3 days per week between 10am and 3pm
• based at our office at Hornbeam Park, Harrogate
• induction and training will be given with ongoing support
Closing date for applications forms is 11 January 2019 and interviews will take place in late January 2019.
Position to start – as soon as possible
If you would like any further information regarding this role please ring 01423 810093 and speak to Cheryl.
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV along with a cover letter to