Salary: £26,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Saint Michael’s is the local charity that exists to help people live with terminal illness and bereavement. One in three local people are affected by the work that we do.
Looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Join our expanding dynamic communications team where you will lead on the creation, maintenance and development of the digital media platforms and tools used by Saint Michael’s to ensure strategic objectives are achieved, and awareness, engagement and income are maximised across websites, online marketing, direct e-marketing, online engagement, social networks, e-commerce, online fundraising, video and SMS.
The successful candidate will work together with the marketing and communications manager to create an effective digital sub-strategy, and will subsequently implement this digital sub-strategy, including maximising search engine optimisation, SEM, accessibility, UX and optimization, as well as designing, building and maintaining online platforms through a variety of different digital media. The role will involve liaising closely with teams across the organisation, ensuring all activity meets corporate identity and legal guidelines.
Saint Michael’s is seeking an individual with experience of both developing existing third party platforms to maximise reach, effectiveness and engagement, as well as creating new platforms to meet the needs of the organisation. Please note, this is not a content-creation focused role, however the successful candidate will support the marketing and communications team to optimise content to reach and engage key audiences.
The role is based at our offices on Hornbeam Park, just a few minutes’ walk from Hornbeam Park train station and well-located for commutes from Leeds, York and surrounding areas via train or car.
The successful applicant will have:
* A recognised qualification at A level or equivalent along with relevant experience of developing, maintaining and analysing the performance of digital channels to meet organisational objectives.
* Experience growing online communities
* Practical experience developing and maintaining online platforms including, but not limited to, websites, blogs, email marketing, payment and form-building software.
* Strong IT skills including the use of databases, Microsoft Office, HTML, email marketing platforms.
* An awareness and understanding of developments in digital technologies and design, and a commitment to ensuring Saint Michael’s remains up to date with new ideas, capabilities and best practise.
* An awareness and understanding of marketing communications theory and practice.
* The ability to build and maintain relationships with key third party suppliers, agencies and online influencers as well as nurturing relationships colleagues across the organisation.
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by employer.
To apply online please click here: online application
Alternatively for further information, please contact Helen/Alison, in the HR Team at Saint Michaels Hospice on 01423 876086.
Completed applications to be received by 9am 7th August 2018
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 15th August 2018 at Crimple House.