Salary: £12.89 per hour plus enhancements rising to £13.42 per hour plus enhancements
Hours: 3 to 5 shifts (22.5 – 37.5 hours per week, on an early/late rota)
Saint Michael’s is a Harrogate based charity that exists to help people live with terminal illness and bereavement. Our services include a 10 bedded inpatient unit, a day therapy unit, Specialist Palliative Care Team for the hospital and community and regional lymphedema and bereavement services. One in three local people are supported by the work that we do.
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated registered nurse looking to be involved in providing excellent palliative care. Do you wish to join a team dedicated to enhancing the provision of services within a multi-disciplinary approach for End of Life Care.
Initially recruited as a Staff Nurse, applicants will quickly progress to co-ordinate shifts following the completion of a comprehensive induction and training programme, which will then trigger the higher rate of pay. Applicants must be able to demonstrate an interest in palliative care and will ideally have post registration experience.
- Competitive rates of pay
- 4 participatory training days per year
- Assistance and guidance for revalidation
- Support from a Clinical Practice Educator
- Comprehensive Induction Programme with Continuous Professional Development
- Contributory Pension Scheme with employer contribution of 8% and variable employee contribution
- Free Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Dining Facilities with subsidised meals
- Free Car Parking/Walking distance from Hornbeam Park Station
- Free DBS/CRB check and Uniform
We welcome any potential candidates to visit prior to application, please call 01423 876086 to arrange a mutually suitable appointment.
To request an information pack including job description and person specification email [email protected] or telephone 01423 876086, asking for Helen Flemming/Alison Gales.
Completed applications to be received by 12noon Monday 30th October 2017.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 7th November 2017
Please note that CVs are not accepted.