Support Workers at Henshaws – full time/part time/supply (bank) and waking night
Hourly rate: £8.55 – £9.80 per hour depending on qualifications Full and part time hours available Annual leave: 25 days plus 10 bank holidays Contract: Permanent
Benefits of working for Henshaws:
– Working with our students and service users including days out and social activities
– Competitive Salary with annual increases
– Overtime paid at enhanced rate (Care)
– Sleepovers paid at £70 per night
– 5 Weeks Annual leave + 10 paid bank holidays.
– Option to buy one week extra holiday per year
– DBS paid by Henshaws
– In House Training Full/comprehensive
– Recognised Qualifications (Diploma Level 2/3/5)
– Progression Opportunities
– Access to all Henshaws Benefits
– Company Pension Scheme
– Comprehensive induction programme
– Employee Helpline
– Death in Service Insurance
– Free onsite parking at college
– Long service awards every 5 years
– Refer a Friend
– Supportive working environment
Henshaws Housing & Support enables people of all ages living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to live more independently. Whether in one of our houses, or in their own home, we provide support so that people can build skills, make their own choices and be part of their local community; develop connections and lead a more fulfilling life.
We are looking for full and part time Support Workers to work in our residential houses and across our support living service in Harrogate.
Working as part of a team, you will develop sensitive practice in which the rights of the service users are respected and which develop individual opportunities for each service user to lead a valued lifestyle.
You may be an experienced care or support worker, or may be looking for a change in career – previous experience in working in care is not essential as full training will be given. The key to success in this role is that you have an interest in building relationships with our service users and take pride in seeing them take steps towards independent living. You will be a confident communicator and have a strong team ethic.
Henshaws will provide you with a full induction centred around the Care Certificate and will offer further training towards qualifications in Health and Social care. We are friendly and supportive and provide excellent benefits including generous annual leave entitlements, pension and all training needed for the role.
For more information and to apply please view the job description and person specification and complete and submit an application form. For further information and to apply please visit our website www.henshaws.org.uk/jobs. If you would like to speak so someone about the role please contact the recruitment team.
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.