Permanent contract FTE £18,933 – £19,698 per annum
Actual £14,119 – £14,689 per annum based on 32.33 hours p/w
Term time + training days
Would you like to work with fantastic young people who are committed to their learning and proud to be part of Harrogate Grammar School?
We are an ambitious, high achieving, 11-18 mixed comprehensive school and part of the Red Kite Learning Trust. Our Learning Support Faculty ensure that any additional needs are identified as soon as possible to enable appropriate assessment, advice and support can be put in place without delay with the full involvement of Students and their families. We now have a new role to join our team of dedicated Teaching and Learning Assistants.
Our role will involve…
· Work directly with individual students or groups of students according to their needs and agreed programmes
· Developing positive working relationships across school to support student learning, inclusion and achievement
· Preparation of materials and resources to improve outcomes for students
We would love to hear from you if you…
· Are self-motivated, optimistic and enjoy the opportunity to work with young people
· Have a good understanding of young people’s development and learning processes
· Work positively and collaboratively as part of a team
· Have good IT, numeracy and literacy skills
· Possess a drive to provide the best possible education standards and service to students
As one of our Teaching and Learning Assistants you can expect…
· A competitive salary package incl. local government pension, long service benefits, free parking and local and national benefits
· Great facilities and resources in our outstanding school
· Ongoing opportunities for development within our school and/or one of our 13 Trust schools
Harrogate Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Headteacher Mr N Renton.