The Great Knaresborough Bed Race is a family friendly fun event for all to enjoy on Saturday 8th June 2019.
With events starting at 11am (best dressed beds) at The Castle Grounds and lots going on for families in Conyngham Hall with food stalls, amusements and charity stalls from 12.
09:00 to 11:00 Beds arrive at the Castle grounds
12:00 Winner of best decorated bed announced at the Castle grounds
13.00 Beds begin parading from the Castle grounds down to Conyngham Hall Fields
14 :45 Bed Race Welcome Ceremony at Conyngham Hall Fields by the Mayor of Knaresborough
15:00 Race begins (Beds set off at timed intervals)
17:00 Prize ceremony
Other roads from Forest Lane Head via Harrogate Road, High Bridge, Bond End, Waterside and the High Street (including all the side streets there from) are closed from noon to 6 pm.
* High Street (Buses will be allowed to/from the Bus Station via Gracious Street junction only)
* Bond End/Low Bond End (Note: After the Parade has passed at about 2pm, eastbound traffic from the Ripley direction will be allowed through from High Bond End onto Boroughbridge Road only).
* Part of Harrogate Road and High Bridge
* Part of Boroughbridge Road (from Bond End to Stockwell Road Junction)
* Brewerton Street (north from the junction with Wellington Street to Cheapside)
* Fisher Street
* Waterside (From Castle Mills to High Bridge)
FOR the durations of the race only between 2.30pm to 4.30pm, the following roads will be closed:
* Waterside (From Castle Mills to Castle Ings Road)
* Castle Ings Road
* Brewerton Street (as far north as Wellington Street)
You can download the 2019 Race programme here
Copyright 2020 Harrogate MumblerYour Local Parenting Community
Made with by Wonder Media