So, are you excited about the nuptuals this weekend or do you think that it’s a waste of a good Saturday? Either way, there is no denying that the whole of the UK is swept up in Harry & Meghan fever and at Harrogate Mumbler, I’m afraid that we are loving every minute! The wedding is taking place on Saturday 19th May. If you haven’t planned anything yet don’t worry! We’ve got a round up of what’s going on in Harrogate (not much I’m afraid!) let me know if you hear of anything else! If you are throwing a Royal Wedding Party yourself then we have put together some great ideas to get the kids involved!
The Knox Pub– Mr & Mrs Swannie cordially invite you to the wedding of his Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales and Ms Meghan Markle from 11am (family friendly). They will be serving a variety of delicious Royal breakfast, Bacon & Sausage sandwiches scones with cream & jam. You can dress to impress to suit such an occasion if you want! The ceremony will be screened on a large screen.
St Marks Church Leeds Road, “We cordially invite you to the royal Resurrected Bites Cafe 19th May, open 10-2pm! We’re screening the RoyalWedding and serving delicious food and drinks. Invite your friends, neighbours, family and let’s get together. If you don’t want to watch the wedding there’s some quiet space too. All proceeds go to Christian Aid.
Where to buy your merch?
Party Fever in Harrogate are in the spirit of the Royal Wedding!
Get down to Party Fever
on Station parade! They have got bunting, Megan & Harry Masks, flags and loads of British themed novelties!
Don’t want to spend money? Then create your own red white & blue bunting
Give your party a royal theme with your own designs of red, white & blue bunting! There is a great free bunting template which you can download here. Grab your crafting materials and get stuck in. Once the designs are done simply cut out the flags and attach together with ribbon or string! You don’t need to sew either- just get hold of a stapler and off you go!
Create your own Wedding party hat and have a competition for the best design!
- You can buy cheap hats from all of the local charity shops or from places like the works in town.
- Paint your hat or you could use crepe paper, fake flowers or wrapping paper to cover it.
- Add feathers, ribbons, flowers or even stickers to your hat.
- The bigger the better! The kids will love decorating their crazy wedding hats.
- ADSA in Harrogate to packs of plastic medals and winners trophies for a couple of pounds (in the party bags aisle). Award the best hat prize to the winner!
Have a Wedding Picnic.
If it’s good enough for the guests in Windsor Castle, it’s good enough for us! Set out the picnic blanket in the garden (if the sun is shining!) or in front of the telly and enjoy some best of British favourites! You could even add some of our…
Red, White & Blue food Ideas
These are our favourite recipes for Royal Wedding themed goodies.
Blush Meringues try using food colouring to make red and blue meringues!
Red, White & Blue Strawberries are perfect to make with your littlest ones.
Red, White & Blue Swirl Cookies
Red, White & Blue Cupcakes these might be aimed at 4th July but there’s no reason you couldn’t enjoy these at a Royal Wedding Party. Y
Or for the quintessentially English try adding blueberries to your Strawberries & cream or try blackberry jam on your scones!
Fancy Dress Theme
We all know how kids love to dress up at any occasion so why not have the kids don their best “bridesmaid” or princess dresses or they could come in their military uniforms, as knights or their Sunday best!
Put a spin on the traditional party games with these 5 fun ideas!
- Pin the veil on the bride
- Pass the wedding present
- The “Flour” Wedding Cake game: A simple game that children aged 5 or older will love. First, you need to make the ‘cake’. Tightly press flour into a medium-sized bowl. Turn the “cake” out on to a board and top with a large chunk of a chocolate bar. Each child then takes it in turns to slice away sections of the flour cake ensuring the chunk of chocolate remains at the top. The child who eventually topples the chocolate from the top has to find it with their teeth!
- The Vicar Says… a wedding themed take on Simon says
- Sleeping beauties… A princess themed version of Sleeping Lions.
- Dress the bride… Have one of the adults stand and let the kids create them a wedding dress from loo roll!