Are you looking for a part time or flexible job in the Harrogate area? Are you looking for a job that fits in around school hours? Returning to work after having children can be a daunting prospect however there are flexible jobs in Harrogate & Knaresborough that can fit around the needs of your family.
“Jobs for Parents” are family-friendly positions that may be part-time, flexi-time, term-time, temporary contracts or even working from home.
If you have a vacancy to fill and would like to advertise the role on Harrogate Mumbler then please tell us about it here. Your first job listings is free, after that one it’s just £30+VAT per role per month.
Hi there! The girls at Tiger Fifty 7, one of Harrogate’s most ‘awesome’ shops for kids is looking for a new team member.
Using the Governments new Kick start program is allowing us to open more and for longer – so we are looking for someone to join our team. Experience is preferred but not essential, and with it being a government sponsored program you must be between 18-24 years old and currently on universal credit.
We think we are a great place to work and looking for someone fun and outgoing to join us.
Please message us directly.
Little Rescuers is a National franchise, specialising in teaching first aid and life-saving skills to children aged 3-11 years through fun, play, music and teamwork.
We are looking for enthusiastic people with a passion for working with children to join our team of franchisees. Would you like to take charge of your future whilst making a real difference? Little Rescuers could be that positive change you are looking for.
Little Rescuers sessions and cevents help to build children’s resilience and confidence through experiential learning in nurseries, schools and community settings. Our franchisees can truly make a difference, whilst helping to create a future generation who are willing and able to help in an emergency. With First aid being added to the National Curriculum from September 2020, we are busier than ever, and our Little Rescuers community classes and Family First Aid sessions are always in high demand.
Caroline, the founder of Little Rescuers is a Paramedic and parent of two. Inspired by her own children, and using the skills and knowledge gained from her career, she developed her vision to reach kids at a grassroots level to encourage a positive change to our culture around helping others and administering first aid, by breaking down that barrier of fear that a lot of adults experience. Our aim is to create a nation of Little Rescuers today who will grow up to become a nation of big rescuers tomorrow!
Little Rescuers is now expanding, and we are looking for enthusiastic franchisees in Yorkshire. Could this be you?
Little Rescuers not only inspires the children we work with, but also gives you, the franchisee, the control and flexibility to build your business, lifestyle, and income to suit your needs. Our franchisees come from a range of different backgrounds, but the one thing they all have in common, and the most important, is their passion and enthusiasm for working with children who, one day, could save a life.
Does this sound like you? Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity? We would love to hear from you!
Find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or download our franchise brochure here;
Join Pye Tait’s Telephone Interviewer Team.
Work from home to provide valuable support for our high profile research.
We are looking for more great interviewers to join our home-based telephone interview team. It’s research – not sales or marketing – so if you are good with people, love learning about new sectors and different roles, and want to work from home, this is a tremendous opportunity.
As a 30 year-old specialist research company we work mainly on public-sector projects in the field of education, skills and employment. Our clients include some of the biggest names: UK government departments, industry bodies, and prestigious organisations like the Royal Society and the Gatsby Foundation.
You will be helping to answer vital policy questions and gather important statistical data. It’s fascinating and responsible work through which you learn about different sectors and industries, and about a wide range of job roles. Recently, for example, we’ve had teams speaking to groups as different as midwives and fishing boat skippers about their jobs.
If you like people, enjoy speaking with them, and have the skill to quickly acquire detailed information, it is an extremely satisfying type of work.
We’re looking for people who:
· like talking to other people;
· have the ability to put them at ease and to learn about their roles and their perceptions;
· can deal with senior officials in large and small organisations;
· have good written and spoken English;
· have an excellent telephone manner; and
· possess a great work ethic.
You’ll need to be:
· responsible and mature (we’re talking attitude and approach, not age)
· accurate and precise
· able to work to realistic call targets
· well organised.
Our telephone team works on a self-employed basis, billing us for work agreed and completed (with thirty years’ experience we know what is realistic in such work).
In accordance with the Market Research Society’s Code of Conduct we always carry out random call-back checks of the work of all of our telephone team members. You’ll get a good feel for what we do, and for whom, from the website: www.pyetait.com
Please drop us some details about yourself, and why you think you’d fit right in, to: email@example.com
An energetic and highly driven CEO of several hospitality businesses needs an experienced private PA part-time to assist with personal and business-related administration.
You will be highly organised and a good listener who asks the right questions.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
● Manage personal and executive appointments, including external and internal meetings and travel (incl. booking flights, rail tickets, accommodation, conferences, award ceremonies, dinners etc.), in collaboration with the CEO’s EA
● Record and distribute minutes of meetings and follow up all business actions
● Email management
● Accurate and timely processing of expenses and mileage
● Collaborate with SMT to implement processes and change to achieve business objectives
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
● Proven experience in a similar role, supporting an entrepreneur and/or C-Suite exec
● Presentable and professional at all times
● High degree of confidentiality and discretion
● Proactive and attentive
● A conscientious approach
● Strong administrative skills with excellent attention to detail
● Quick thinking with initiative
● Excellent organisation and time management skills
● Ability to multi-task
● Confident and efficient with a ‘can-do’ attitude
● Hospitality background could be beneficial
● Proficient in Office, especially Excel
● Experience with Mac OSX useful
● Concur expense system experience desirable but not essential
• 2 days a week, Thursdays and Fridays. All day Thursday and Fri a.m. you will work from one of our beautiful pubs near Harrogate. The other half day can be worked remotely at a mutually agreed time during the week, offering flexibility to suit childcare or other needs.
• Salary £20,000 per annum pro rata
• 33 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata equivalent entitlement)
• Flexibility over working hours during school holidays
Job Types: part time, permanent
Salary: £20,000 per annum pro rata
Please send applications with CV and cover letter matching your experience to the role to Sarah Collett firstname.lastname@example.org Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
From 22.5 – 37.5 hours per week (3 to 5 shifts per week)
From £18,300 – £28,692 circa per annum
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated registered nurse looking to be involved in providing excellent palliative care?
Do you wish to join a team dedicated to enhancing the provision of services within a multi-disciplinary approach for End of Life Care?
Applicants must be able to demonstrate an interest in palliative care and will ideally have post registration experience although preceptorships are available.
• 21 (3 shifts) – 35 (5 Shifts) paid days holiday per year
• 4 participatory training days per year (fully funded)
• Assistance and guidance for revalidation
• Support from a Clinical Practice Educator
• Comprehensive Induction programme with Continuous Professional Development
• Contributory Pension Scheme with employer contribution of 8% and variable employee contribution
• Dining Facilities with subsidised meals
• Free on site Car Parking/Walking distance from Hornbeam Park Station
• Free DBS/CRB check and Uniform
• Employee Assistance programme
We are also looking for Bank staff, please contact us to discuss.
North Yorkshire Hospice Care is a registered charity in England and Wales (518905) with a family of services operating as Herriot Hospice Homecare, Just ‘B’, Saint Michael’s Hospice and Talking Spaces.
If you would like a discussion prior to application, please call 01423 876086.
Telephone interviews will be arranged upon application with successful candidates progressing to an interview held in Harrogate.
Please click Here to apply.
Online Experiment Investigating Perinatal Body Awareness
Researchers from the University of York invite you to volunteer to take part in an online experiment investigating body awareness and how we feel about our bodies during pregnancy and shortly following birth. The experiment lasts about 20 minutes and consists of an online experimental task (~10 mins) during which you are asked to focus on different parts of your body for 2 mins each. For this part of the study you will need a quiet space and the audio working on your phone or computer. The other part of the study involves a short survey and some questions about yourself / your pregnancy (if you are pregnant).
Non pregnant/postnatal women aged between 18 – 45 are also invited to take part as we also need to compare our findings to women not in the perinatal period.
The full information sheet can be found here: https://bit.ly/37Ot9H2 (this is also at the beginning of the experiment)
Any questions please contact Dr. Catherine Preston – email@example.com
Thank you for your time.
Due to ongoing growth an exciting opportunity has arisen at this vibrant and modern Accountancy practice in Harrogate for a Payroll Manager to join their team.
The role will involve:
• Managing the payroll team ensuring overall effective time management and control in relation to the delivery of our payroll processes.
• Ensuring accurate control of payroll processing, taking the lead in payroll reconciliations and qualitative checks in line with financial control requirements.
• Ensuring the effective co-ordination of month end and year end payroll processing.
• Resolving client queries via telephone and email.
• Managing the ongoing review of problems or issues and continually delivering solutions and improved ways of working.
• Collaborating with senior management to implement processes and change within the Payroll department in line with company policies.
Values of the ideal candidate
• Team worker
• Empathy (with clients and team)
• Attention to detail
• A mature and dedicated approach to both client and team members
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Experienced end to end payroll processor
• Up-to date Payroll legislation knowledge – Education/ LGPS
• Stakeholder manager and customer focussed query resolution
• Experienced Payroll Administrator/ Payroll Coordinator
• Experienced team leader or manager
• 30 hours a week across 5 days with flexibility to suit childcare or other needs.
• Salary of between £26,250 to £30,000 per annum dependent on experience (£35,000 to £40,000 full time 40 hours a week salary).
• 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Flexible working
• Work from home opportunities
• Half day leave for birthday.
• Increase in annual leave for every year of service.
Job Types: part time, permanent
Salary: £26,250 to £35,000 /year
Please send applications with CV to Amy Black firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a new direction?
Could you help a child or young person with complex problems turn their life around?
Fostering North Yorkshire wants to recruit foster carers with previous experience of working with children or young people with a range of complex issues.
Could you help a young person reach their full potential in both home and school life?
In return we offer a great package of training and support, plus development opportunities and tax free payments.
For example, our advanced level foster carers can receive over £25k per annum, based on a 52 week placement, for a child aged 11-15.
Want to know more?
Harrogate Mumbler is growing at such a rate that I need your help!
We have big plans for 2020 and it’s essential that we keep everything on the website bang up to date, as well as creating new areas and reporting on the best of Harrogate & Knaresborough’s events and activities for families – so we can help as many parents in our area as possible.
We are therefore looking for a number of volunteers who love Harrogate Mumbler and want to be a part of helping it fulfil it’s potential.
We have opportunities for a range of skills and a variety of time commitments from one-off jobs to a more regular (5-10 hours per week) commitments.
Currently we have the following volunteer roles (these could be individual roles or a combination of a few)
All roles will be entirely flexible – working from home around the needs of your family.
To apply to be part of the Harrogate Mumbler Family just e-mail email@example.com and answer the following questions:
Thanks and I’m looking forward to hearing from you!