Fostering North Yorkshire is recruiting Specialist Foster Carers to work with our local children and young people
If you have experience of caring for or working with young people, consider using your skills to provide intensive, care plan-led support as a Specialist Foster Carer with us…
Some children need individual care – specialist fostering offers supportive placements to children and young people who display challenging and complex behaviours and may otherwise be placed in a residential setting. Often these children are teenagers – they will usually be 10+ – however due to their complex needs a Specialist Foster Carer will be required to be available on a full time basis. If a couple, then at least one of the couple will need to be available on a full time basis or this can be shared between the couple to effectively create full time cover.
Our Specialist Foster Carers will have:
· relevant experience or a professional background dealing with challenging or difficult behaviours. This may include health and social care, youth work or teaching
· a good understanding of the experiences which the children and young people who require specialist foster placements have experienced, in particular an understanding of the impact of early childhood trauma and the reasons why children and young people are not able to remain living with their birth families
· a sense of humour and the ability to see the positives wherever possible
Join our team and you will:
· Receive a tailored training and support package
· Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with extensive support from our Ofsted ‘Outstanding Provider’ rated locally based social work teams
Benefit from an excellent package of allowances, fees and paid breaks – for example you could expect to receive around £34.5k per annum, based on a child aged 11-15 years in placement for 52 weeks
This is your chance to use your skills and make a real difference to a North Yorkshire young person who needs extra support and help to turn their life around…want to know more?